HISTORICAL Oregon Wineries


Honeywood Winery (1934- present)

Oregon's Oldest Continuously Operating Winery

Honeywood Winery operating since 1934Honeywood was the first Oregon winery bonded after repeal of Prohibition in 1934. It was originally called Columbia Distilleries, producing fruit brandy. It was renamed after founders Ron Honeyman and John Wood, started making fruit and berry wines.

According to the company the Honeywood name is not a combination of the founder’s last names. The name came from Oliver Goldsmith’s play “The Good Natured Man” where wine was referred to as “smooth as HONEY…aged in Wood…the drink of the good natured man.” Today Honeywood makes a wide selection of premium fruit, berry, and varietal wines. It is located at 1350 Hines St. SE, Salem, Oregon.

Historic Honeywood Winery
  Honeywood Winery